Published on 2016-01-02
Always look on the bright side of life! whistling
- New rig - My windows laptop died the other year so I needed a replacement to satisfy my gaming needs. I got myself a new box with medium tier parts.
- Learned Django - Finally learned Django after years of programming in Python. My first project was this job board.
- New Insync office - Insync moved to a house in Xavierville Ave, Loyola Heights. QC represent!
- Baked without mixes - Not by myself but helped throughout the process. And it was really good!
- Taught Django - Got to teach basic Django in one of DevCon’s code camps. I presented the process of creating a Tinder clone (what? it was hip then) using Django. I also mentored in the first Django Girls Manila workshop.
- Surfed - Got to try out surfing in Baler. That proved useful when we went to Siargao later in the year.
- Attended my first non-relative wedding - Not really an achievement but I wanted to add it to the list. Congrats Ton and Ana!
- Koh Phangan - Let’s mix in some travel. Koh Phangan is as beautiful as it was when I first saw it a few years ago. There were a lot more commercial establishments though.
- Started sport climbing - I got better than I was back in P.E. Still not good enough to be considered “good at it”. Outdoors was really fun! A lot scarier but the view is way more gorgeous.
- Helped organize PyCon PH - It’s my third time helping out. Good people makes it easy to volunteer.
- New job - Not technically a new job but I left Insync to focus on a startup I’ve co-founded. It’s one of the biggest decisions I made this year.
- Siargao - Best adventure of my entire life so far. Waves, motorbikes and appreciating nature’s beauty and scale. Best birthday ever!
- Gave a keynote talk - DevCon gave me the chance to do a keynote talk at their annual conference. I admittedly didn’t deliver a “keynote” talk but watching the good speakers throughout the event made me want to really improve.
- Sydney - One of the most pleasant places I’ve been to and it couldn’t have been better with the good friends I was with.
Inspired by this blog post. Happy 2016!