Published on 2014-12-20
...is almost over. I’ve always had a new blog to write on whenever I do my year-ender posts but I’ve stuck with Svbtle for this year! It just works ™
So, I basically checked my timeline in Facebook, Twitter and GitHub and stuck moments here #lazyblogging (NTS: I could totally automate this!) Here’s my 2014 by the month:
- Got an electronic drum set
- Joined Stripe CTF (got a participation shirt :P)
- Tried React.js for the first time. This was a big moment for me :))
- Wrote a Flappy Bird clone
- Joined Static Showdown
- Had 2 dates on Valentines :))
- Got pissed about a dude taking credit of my work
PyCon PH 2014
TechCamp Hackathon Win!
First Docker Manila meetup
Ton and Ana got engaged
- Started reading “Off to be the Wizard”
- Biked from our house to UP and back!
- Finished reading “Off to be the Wizard”
- Got an HHKB
- Tell the turtle
Happy Birthday to me!
- Got a new guitar
- First gig!
Ho Chi Minh
- Beer pong for the first time
This year, I also…
Started liking beer For the longest time, I didn’t like the taste of beer. I guess it’s an acquired taste.
Cut down coffee intake My stomach can’t handle it anymore. But I feel better. I sleep better. I still grab a cup every once and a while but I’m not a fan of caffeine anymore.
Started working out again Beato, a relatively new employee in my company, loves working out. We do too but we lacked discipline. He started pushing us to work out more since he joined us full time. First he brought jump ropes. Then we did resistance bands. Now we use our boss’ squat rack and weights set. We’ve been progressing enough that we bought additional plates! Here are my sad numbers:
- Barbell Squats - 235lb x 3
- Deadlift - 265lb x 3
- Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP) - 135lb x 1
- Barbell Bench Press - 195lb x 1
Got into OPM indie rock I got to watch a bunch of OPM indie bands early this year at Route 196. Since then, I’ve started to listening to more indie OPM. Here’s John Arce’s Philippine Indie Music playlist:
2014 was about getting out of my comfort zone
I tried to be more socially active than I ever was and that paid off good. I met lots of people and gained new friends. I still need to work on my people skills but I could say I grew up this year, even just a little.
An early happy new year to everyone!